Ladakh can be a difficult place to travel. The mountains are steep and in the winter snowfall closes many of the mountain passes and makes the few roads treacherous. Some villages become completely inaccessible between November and March. One method of accessing snow-bound villages during the winter is trekking on top of the ice of frozen rivers. The Chadar trek is one such route, connecting villages in the Zanskar valley (deep in the mountains) with Chilling (on the road to Leh) along the frozen Zanskar River. This route has been used for centuries for trade and transportation, and is most reliable in February when the ice is most stable.
- 11th Jan to 19th Jan 2016. Few seats available.
- 16th Jan to 24th Jan 2016. OPEN
- 23rd Jan to 31st Jan 2016. Full
- 30th Jan to 07th Feb 2016. OPEN
- 31st Jan to 8th Feb 2016. Few seats
- 06th Feb to 14th Feb 2016